The William Hand House was built circa 1829 as one of Amagansett's first guest houses to accomodate the many summer visitors and artists who even then frequented the East End. The house was recently renovated to provide modern-day comforts for a most enjoyable stay while maintaining the charm of a bygone era. Our guest rooms feature king, queen or twin beds, country antiques, private bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs or showers, air-conditioners, in-room refrigerators, coffee makers, plush bathrobes, and cable TV/VCR. Rooms are not equipped with telephones.
Relax on the cozy porch or in the garden by our fountain/goldfish pond, lay out on a hammock or garden swing, or take a short stroll to the ocean beach. The bay beaches (which are quieter, warmer and have less waves) are only five minutes away. Rent a kayak or canoe, go horseback riding, antiquing, wine tasting, visit an art gallery or shop at one of the many boutiques or outlets. There are several fine restaurants within walking distance, or should you wish a short drive will provide a large array of excellent dining experiences. We are happy to help our guests arrange dining or other entertainment. We are only five minutes from East Hampton and fifteen minutes from Montauk.
Your hosts, Steve and Doris Switsky, are available to help you with planning your day. Wir sprechen Deutsch. On parle francais.
About Our House:
- Check-in is from 3PM to 9PM - arrivals after 9PM must be prearranged. Check-out is noon.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30AM to 10:30AM. For lunch or dinner there are umbrellaed picnic tables in the garden should you wish to dine al fresco.
- Children over 16 years of age are welcome. We cannot accept pets, but you are welcome to play with Bugsy, our friendly resident Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, and Cutter, the tabby cat.
- For the convenience of our guests, we do not allow smoking in the building. Smoking is permitted in the garden.
- Our guest rooms accommodate two adults. A foldaway bed can accommodate a third person in some of the rooms. There is an additional charge for a third person.
- Our guest rooms are equipped with cable TV/VCR. Please feel free to borrow movies from our collection . We also have a collection of paperbacks which you may borrow.
Rates include full breakfast, afternoon refreshments and beach parking permits. The only other charge is the 9 ½% New York State hotel tax we collect. There are no use or service charges at The William Hand House.
- Low-season rates (in effect until May 26, 200 5) range from $125.00 (weekdays) to $215.00 (weekends) with a two-night minimum during the month of May and on holiday weekends.
- Mid-season rates (June 1 – June 30, 2005/Sept. 6 – Oct. 31, 2005) range from $125.00 to $275.00 with a two-night minimum.
- High season rates (July 5th - September 1 st, 2005) range from $160.00 to $350.00 with a three night minimum on weekends.
- Rates for holiday weekends are higher – please call or email for pricing.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy:
- A valid credit card is required to hold a reservation.
- Payment is required upon arrival either by cash or credit card. Should you wish to pay by check it has to be received five business days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations must be received in writing (email acceptable). All cancellations will incur a 15% service charge based on the total reserved stay. Further, if the reservation is cancelled less than two weeks prior to arrival, the entire stay will be charged unless the room can be re-rented. Rooms are not regarded as re-rented until all rooms have been booked.
[ Home | About our House | Room Descriptions | Directions | Pictures]