|This page displays an up-to-date listing of changes to our customer support Web site. We'll also place notices here regarding product updates, scheduled releases, or problems and solutions that may affect all customers. When problems reported by our customers get fixed, we'll place a notice here, along with an estimate of when the fix will be shipped. |
- Backups moved to Microsoft's Azure Cloud. We used to use CrashPlan, but it always seemed hokey. The Azure stuff is very shiny.
- Every 10 years we upgrade the mail server whether it needs it or not. The 2010's will be the decade of the brand new, fancy IBM Lenovo ThinkServer! No expense was spared. The board approved the full $299 allocation (on sale). I double dog dare you to try and fill it up!
- Email server software also upgrade to latest version! Now you can share your calendar with your workgroup! (hence the lack of urgency in applying this upgrade)
- New backup DNS servers thanks to DNSBUDDY.COM. Old backup servers were in Matasquan NJ, which always seamed like an unreliable place to have anything.
- All the Big J ISP mail servers have been successfully moved to josh's apartment!
- New, faster hardware makes email more fun for everyone!
- New Brightmail service drastically reduces SPAM! If you have a lot of SPAM in your Big J ISP domain, ask me about turning on Brightmail!
- Experiment begins to see if Karen Doff can go back to using Karen@doff.com. Results expected in about a month.
- Big J ISP staff visits Linux World trade show. The show was unimpressive and further convinced the Big J ISP tech gurus that switching to Linux would not be worth the hassle.